Changing home décor and furniture had never been easier before Home Depot. However, refurbishing your home shouldn’t leave you short of money. And this problem has also been taken care of by Home Depot. Home Depot offers a Home Depot credit card to its valued customers so that they can keep their home supplies purchases apart from other purchases.
Going with their logo ‘More saving, more doing’, you actually save a lot by getting their card. This card is issued by Citibank and you can apply for Home Depot Credit Card online too.
One of the basic benefits a Home Depot credit card has to offer is the zero interest for six months on purchases for more than $299. You can save $25 on your first purchase of more than $25.
Their other limited time deals include a 12-month interest-free offer on purchases of more than $299 and 24-month special financing on heating and air conditioning appliances and many more seasonal offers. You also get an easy online way to make online payments if you apply for Home Depot credit card. Here is all the information you need to get approval for your Home Depot credit card.
How to Apply For Home Depot Credit Card Application
The first condition to apply for a card is that you have to be a resident of the United States of America. You can simply apply for your card online from their website. The application is usually assessed and approved on the spot if you provide all the right information you’re required to give. After approval, you will get your Credit Card within 14 days. In case of failure, you will be notified of your application status within 30 days.
You can use their pre-qualification tool to check if you have enough credit score before you apply for your Home Depot credit card. Even though it doesn’t make it a lock but is sure a good indicator and is a quick ‘soft’ credit check that won’t have any impact on your credit score.
Follow the instructions given below to learn how to correctly apply for a credit card so that your request won’t be denied.
Online Application for Home Depot Credit Card
- The first step to apply for Home Depot credit card application online is going to their website Home Depot’s online credit center and find the Home Depot consumer credit card offer.
- Now click on ‘Apply Now’ which appears as an orange button. You will be directed to their online application page.
- Fill out the application form by providing your full name, contact information, address, financial information, identification and date of birth.
- Make sure to read carefully the terms and conditions of account and then check the agreement box.
- Click the ‘Submit Application’ box which is also an orange colored box.
- After approval, you’ll get an online confirmation with information of your credit limit.
- Print this confirmation letter and take it to your nearest Home Depot store to get your temporary card information and a coupon worth of $25 which will be eligible for your purchases of $25 or more. This coupon will be valid for 30 days.
Apply for Home Depot Credit Card in Person:
This method is the same as the online method. Go to the nearest Home Depot store and go to the Special Services desk. Tell their associate that you want to apply for Home Depot credit card. You will be given an application form. Fill this form by providing your personal information which includes your name, contact information, address, date of birth, financial information and your social security number. After approval, you will get a temporary credit card information and your $25 coupon.
Improve your Chances of Getting a Home Depot Credit Card:
You may not get qualified for a credit card even after you have been pre-qualified because the company also has to assess other factors-such as your income-before final approval. Here are some ways by which you can improvise your chances of getting a credit card.
- Get a copy of your credit information and review it for any errors.
- Contact the credit bureau to discuss those errors and how can they be rectified. Check your report again before reapplying.
- If there are still problems in getting your card, apply for a secured credit card which requires a deposit. Build a positive credit history to get approval.
- Once you have built a positive credit history, reapply for the card.
Getting rejected for the credit card doesn’t mean you can’t apply again. Identify the problems which hinder you from shopping easily and remove them and then reapply again. You can also contact their customer service to discuss these problems and their solutions.